Carne guisada / Beef stew


Guisado de res / Beef stew is a Latino dish made with Chick beef, potatoes and carrots. But I like to amp mine up a little and add more vegetables. My family loves my fully loaded version. Beef stew is made all around the world. This stew will definitely satisfy any meat lover. 



Ingredients: 


1 lb Chuck beef

1 Red onion

8 Garlic cloves

1/2 Red pepper 

1/2 Green pepper 

2 Tomatoes 

1 Chayote 

1 Potato

1/2 Calabaza

2 Corns 

2 Plantains 

1 -8 oz can Tomato sauce

Cilantro or Parsley 

1 Cup White wine

1 Cup water 

2 Bay leaves

1 Tbsp Oregano 

1 tsp Cumin

1 Tbsp Sazon

1 Tbsp Onion powder 

Salt & pepper to taste


1. Clean meat by removing any fat and running under cold water. I like to make a vinegar wash by add 1/4 cup of vinegar to my water. 

2. Make Sofrito by sautéing the onions, peppers & garlic together until soft. Add tomato sauce, then tomatoes. 

3. Add the beef, dry ingredients, wine & water. (You can dredge the meat in flour first and brown it). I usually skip browning the meat because I’m using a Pressure cooker. 

4. Pressure cook for 1 hr. I add all the vegetables except the potato, choyote, plantains. After 45 min then I add them so they don’t over cook. Add more water if the stew becomes too thick.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Caldo de pollo/ Chicken soup

Cremitas de leche

Potaje de Garbanzos